The Invisible, Comfortable Way to a Picture-Perfect Smile!
Teeth are crucial in our lives. They help us talk clearly, they give our faces a shape, and they help us chew, hence digest food. A beautiful smile gives us much greater confidence than later on reflects on our relationships, careers, and our social lives. Taking care of our teeth has so many truly life-changing benefits. Good oral health can add more positivity to our mindset and improve the health of not only our mouths but our entire body. Invisalign, without a doubt, is the perfect solution for everyone who wants to have a perfect smile but doesn’t want to deal with traditional braces. Our biggest focus, besides delivering exceptional results,is to educate our patients on important dental topics so that you can make well-informed decisions. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about Invisalign, the different types, the process, it cost and much more.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a custom – made aligner that is used to properly align and move teeth in order to get a great smile. It is similar to a dental retainer and, depending on the degree of misalignment, it is interchanged about every two weeks for six to eighteen months. Unlike braces, Invisalign is unnoticeable. Other than not having to worry about smiling in pictures because of the metal frames, with Invisalign, you do not have to worry about loosening a wire or breaking a bracket as well. For most patients, Invisalign is much more comfortable than braces because there are no wires or brackets to irritate the mouth. Another apparent difference is that braces are not removable. With Invisalign, you can remove the aligners to floss, brush your teeth, eat, or if you have a special event that you do not want to wear the aligners at.
What Are the Different Types of Invisalign?
There are four types of Invisalign:
- Invisalign I7 – Meant for people with minimal orthodontic needs, this type of Invisalign shortens the time of treatment.
- Invisalign Lite – There is a limited number of aligners provided with this option, and it is best suited for mild to moderate cases.
- Invisalign Full – Used for complex cases, this is the most commonly prescribed treatment.
- Invisalign Teen – This type of Invisalign is a great option for teenagers because of the constant movement of their teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Depending on the severity of the issue, Invisalign can help people with the following teeth- straightening issues:
- Overbite – An overbite is a gap or an overlap between the upper and lower jaw. This can be a problem because it can cause pain in your jaw or your teeth to wear out.
- Underbite – An underbite is when your lower jaw juts out further than your upper jaw. Underbite can cause many problems, from difficulty with speaking, swallowing, and chewing to tooth decay. Severe cases of underbite might ask for a combination of Invisalign treatment and surgery.
- Crossbite – Crossbite is when a tooth is closer to the cheek or the tongue and it does not match the corresponding tooth in the upper or lower dental arch. The two sets of teeth do not meet the way they should when you close your mouth. Crossbite needs to be treated because it can lead to bone loss or premature tooth wear.
- Gap Teeth – Appearing most often between the upper front teeth, a diastema is a gap or space between two teeth. Spaces between the teeth occur when the teeth are too small for the jawbone, or when teeth are missing. Invisalign can fix diastema by pushing the teeth towards each other over time.
- Crowded teeth – Crowded teeth are when there is not enough space for all your teeth to fit in your mouth. It can be found in both children and adults. Crowded teeth make flossing or brushing teeth difficult. If you do not properly brush your teeth or floss them, it is very easy for bacteria to build up and eventually result in gum disease or tooth decay. A popular choice when it comes to crowded teeth is Invisalign because it adjusts your crowded teeth without making it obvious that you are wearing a brace system.
How Much Invisalign Costs?
Usually, Invisalign braces are a bit more expensive than regular braces. This, however, does not mean you will not be able to find cheap Invisalign near you. The price of Invisalign really depends on multiple factors such as the number of aligners you will need throughout the treatment as well as their type, and the extent of the alignment that your teeth will require. Luckily, VIPcare Dental accepts all major insurances, so you will be able to get affordable Invisalign near you in one of our offices.
After scheduling an appointment, our dental team evaluates your teeth and determines if Invisalign is right for you. Our dentists will make a custom plan that will include digital images of the systematic transformation of your smile. If you are satisfied with the created plan, the team will create custom-made aligners for your teeth. Once you get your aligners, you will have to wear them every day. In order to get the best effect, you should wear your aligners at least 20 to 22 hours a day, meaning they need to be worn when you are sleeping as well. In order to improve the process of straightening the teeth, our dental team will make a new set of aligners every two weeks. Every Invisalign tray that is created so that the teeth are a little bit straighter than the previous tray. You will also have to do checkups every 6 weeks so that our dental team can see if the treatment is going according to the plan and if there are any alterations that need to be made.
Find Invisalign® Aligners Near You
You should be able to smile with confidence! Correcting your misaligned or crooked teeth no longer requires wearing traditional braces. As an ideal solution, in many cases, Invisalign boosts confidence and improves the appearance of your teeth without the need for wires. Transforming your smile is not hard and it can certainly start today! We encourage you to call us at 352-306-0062 or head to our locations page to choose the nearest VIPcare Dental office. We offer free Invisalign consultation, so feel free to reach out and speak with one of our friendly staff members regarding your treatment options, types of braces options, what Invisalign costs, and how we can make it fit to your budget. We cannot wait to help you boost your confidence and get the smile you have always dreamed of!