Everything Is Repairable – Including Your Smile!
Living in a fast – paced era, it is no wonder why more and more people are experiencing massive health issues. Our food, drinks, and even air is not the same as it was twenty years ago, so we are left with no other choice but to adapt. Just like your skin, your teeth also withstand changes caused by the way you live, eat, and sleep.
While all of this may sound scary, there is no need to panic. Today, unlike in the past, we have a whole lot more procedures and ways to improve our health, including our oral health. One of these methods, known as restorative dentistry, has proven to be highly effective, therefore widely used nowadays.
Like always, we, the team of VIPcare Dental, care about educating you on such important topics as much as we care about delivering excellent results. To find out everything you need to know about restorative dentistry, please keep reading.
What Is Restorative Dentistry?
As the term itself suggests, restorative dentistry is any dental procedure done with the purpose of restoring the beauty, function, and the health of the patients’ teeth.
The goal of restorative dentistry procedures is simple – enhancing the natural beauty of the patient’s smile. This goal, thanks to the multiple teeth restoration techniques available today, is more achievable than ever. From fillings to dental implants, restorative dentistry is essential for preventing future oral health issues and bringing back your natural smile.
What Are the Different Types of Dental Restorations?
At VIPcare, we use the most modern dental materials and cutting-edge technology that allows us to provide exceptional restorative dental care for our patients. Here are a couple ways we do that:
- Tooth – Colored Fillings – The most common kind of dental restoration involves filling the tooth with silver amalgam, tooth-colored plastic, gold, and composite resin fillings also known as glass materials
- Dental Crowns – This is a tooth restoration type that involves a tooth-shaped cap being placed over a specific tooth for the purpose of restoring its shape, functionality, and size
- Dental Bridges – Designed to “bridge” the gap where there are multiple missing teeth, dental bridges are false teeth used as a restorative treatment for teeth
- Dental Dentures & Partials – Complete dentures replace all of a patient’s teeth. Partials are used to replace the missing teeth. Both are removable replacements
- Dental Implants – Same as dentures and partials, the dental implants are used to replace missing teeth. The difference is that implants are not removable and look and function like natural teeth
Why Are Restorative Dentistry Procedures Important?
Missing a tooth or two, or having colored teeth may not seem like a big deal, but trust us – it is. Here is why restorative dental treatments are vital:
- Missing teeth can not only negatively impact your self-esteem and appearance, but it can also cause some serious oral health problems that may eventually affect your overall well- being
- By filling the mouth’s empty spaces the teeth can be properly aligned
- Replacement of damaged teeth makes it very easy to maintain healthy habits regarding good oral care and can prevent many future problems that things such as plaque build-up can lead to
Who Should Receive Restorative Dental Care?
Restorative dentistry is the right fit for you in case you:
- Have broken, damaged, or missing teeth
- Have tooth discoloration
- Experience chronic pain and discomfort
How Much Does Restorative Dentistry Cost?
One thing to keep in mind about the cost of restorative dentistry procedures is that their prices vary and are highly dependable on the dental office you choose.
The majority of dental clinics do not accept a variety of insurance plans, which means that more complex and costly procedures such as dental implants and dentures will not be covered under your medical insurance.
Fortunately, the dental clinics of VIPcare do accept all major insurance, allowing you to receive professional dental care and the most expensive restorative dental treatments for fair prices. You don’t have to live with whatever oral problems are plaguing you. Come in for a free consultation and we will find a way to work with you.
How Should I Care for My Restorative Dental Work?
The after – care of your restorative dentistry work is really as important as the quality of the work itself. Solely depending on your dental procedure, different types of dental care and products will be required of you.
Even though, for example, having implants is not the same as having fillings, some tips for taking care of your restorative dental work will remain the same.
- Thoroughly brushing your teeth at least twice a day
- Flossing your teeth every day
- Using electric toothbrushes to remove plaque from the restorative work as well as your natural teeth
- Using an antibacterial mouthwash to fight the plaque bacteria that generally tend to stick to restorative work
- Trying not to chew sticky or hard foods as they can easily damage your crowns, bridges or implants
Finding A VIPcare Restorative Dentist near You
With decades of experience in restorative dental work, VIPcare’s team of skilled dentists is here to serve you. If you’re dealing with one of the oral health issues discussed here, find a VIPcare Dental clinic near you and set up your free consultation today.